Blows Me Away

As of January 1st we had about 45ish members of the guild.  Now, less than two months later, we have 66 members!  Isn't that amazing? 

I'd like to ask all members, new and not, to introduce yourself to some fresh faces at the next couple of meetings.  I love how friendly this group is, but don't be shy about including someone new.  If you are one of the recent additions, don't forget to bring an item for show and tell at the next meeting you can attend.  Seeing your work and hearing you explain your inspiration helps the rest of us get to know you better. 

Another great way to get to know one another is on Instagram, Flickr and through member blogs.  Feel free to share your Instagram account or blog link below.  Every member that has a blog and wants to be linked up in our sidebar should be listed there.  If I don't have your blog account listed, let me know and I'll fix it. 

In other news, the DCMQG has a Flickr account if you haven't seen that yet.  For those not on Instagram, I'm uploading any pictures or announcements from IG to Flickr.  I will not be able to keep up with comments on the Flickr pictures, but you can always email me if you have any questions.  The Flickr account name is DCMQG. 

Lastly, I changed the settings here to make adding blog comments easier.  Now you don't have to do any nonsense word/number verification.  I will have to approve comments on posts that are 10 days old so those comments may take a day or two to show up.  I hope that makes communication a little smoother.  Those members that are using mobile devices to read the blog and comment, please let me know if this does or doesn't help you leave a comment on the blog.